Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Writing a GOOD composition

Writing a GOOD COMPOSITION

Content:
• Answer all “WH” and “H” questions
• Check the time sequence of the story
• Pick the most appropriate introduction
• Include direct speeches
• Make use of five senses

Language:

• Use the correct tenses
• Check your punctuation
• Use similes, idioms, adjectives, proverbs
• Replace words that you use repeatedly in the story

A good composition......


Includes……
• Ideas that is ample, relevant, and fully developed.
• Almost no errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Wide And appropriate use of vocabulary.
• Good paragraphing and content.

• Include:
• What were the characters doing before the scene?
• What was the time of the day?
• Were there any direct speeches?
• Is a sunny or windy day?

• Who were the characters?
• Did you describe their appearances, actions and their facial expressions?
• What was the relationship between the characters?
• Where are the characters?
• Why were the characters there?
• What happened to them?
• Why did this incident happen?
• Are they affected?
• How does the story end?

24 comments:

  1. Thanks, this helped me with my examination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,with the help of this,I am able to do well in my compositiom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my essays improved a lot!!! ^. ^

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanx for the tips..they're really helpful;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this was posted when I was six. now I'm 11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overwhelmed should add more for students like me to learn from.(I'm the one who commented above)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My essay is 3 days from now and I really need more sources (hoping this one) to learn from. (Still the one who commented above)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you post some more examples and words? (commented above)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its because of these people who take some time out of their life to publish this for us thank u so much hope this will help me in my preliminary tmr
    Jasraj Singh

    ReplyDelete
  11. thx for the tip it really helped me out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Help me a lot in my exam

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank for helping me i get a B istead a C

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks it was really helpful

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author

    ReplyDelete